As a regulated industry, aviation businesses of all types require legal assistance across a wide array of operational considerations. With an emphasis on Aviation Law, Kevin Neal skillfully guides clients through the legal matters they confront in normal operations. Our experience includes work with the following sectors of the aviation industry, including:
- Major and commuter airlines
- Business aircraft
- Rotor wing aircraft
- Law enforcement & medical aircraft
- Vintage aircraft
- Cargo operations
- Fixed-base operations
- Maintenance facilities
- Private aircraft, whole and fractional
- Aviation professionals
Kevin and the team of lawyers he works with have been involved in almost every major aircraft disaster in Arizona in the last ten years:
- Flagstaff Medical Center mid-air crash of two Air Evac helicopters which resulted in seven fatalities
- Fixed-wing crash at Scottsdale airport resulting in the death of the pilots
- EC-350 crash over Cave Creek, Arizona resulting in five fatalities
- EC-350 crash in Tucson resulting in two fatalities
- Numerous other aviation disasters over the last forty years
“I represent families who have had loved ones killed and the injured victims of tragic accidents”Kevin Neal – Aviation Law
He not only helps his clients achieve fair and full compensation for catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims, but he also tries to transform those tragedies into constructive change to prevent similar disasters in the future. That is because he believes, as a lawyer, it is important to be a positive influence in his community. So his work doesn’t start with a lawsuit any more than it ends with a settlement or verdict.
Catastrophic personal injuries and wrongful death can impact the whole structure of a client’s life, not just finances. He helps people who have suffered unthinkable tragedy, but his work goes well beyond financial compensation. He feels a social obligation to do what he can to help ensure preventable injuries and death aren’t recurring tragedies; that work is not limited to the courtroom.
With the support of a large, full-service firm with the resources to tackle the most complex and difficult cases for those who have been injured due to the negligence of others, he strives to keep the human perspective in the forefront of his work.
Kevin practices in the area of civil litigation, with an emphasis on aviation law, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death, and personal injury. Kevin has handled cases for clients in some of the largest lawsuits litigated in Arizona. He represents clients in claims and suits arising out of a variety of issues.
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Arizona, 1987
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Member
- Arizona State Bar, Environmental and Natural Resource Law Section, Member
- Scottsdale City Court, Judge Pro Tem
- Scottsdale Business Development Forum, Member
- Maricopa Health Foundation, Board Member
- ASU College of Arts and Sciences’ Center for Political Thought & Leadership, Advisory Board Member, 2015
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2017-2020; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2020
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff, 2016-2019
Kevin is a trial lawyer with over 30 years of experience before judges, juries and arbitrators. Although he has tried many cases, Kevin focuses on global resolution through alternative dispute resolution. He also advises clients on dealing with the aftermath of catastrophic events.
Kevin is admitted to practice before all Arizona State Courts, the United States District Court for Arizona, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He has represented clients throughout Arizona, as well as in New Mexico, Nevada, California, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia.
2575 E. Camelback Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85016